Let's Make Magic!
Complete the enquiry form and one of our Magic Makers will be in touch.
Luminare can accommodate up to 250 guests for seated events with a dancefloor, 260 guests without a dancefloor and 450 guests for cocktail events.
Luminare has two outside areas; the Sky Deck (additional to venue hire) suitable for pre dinner drinks and popular for wedding ceremonies, and the City Deck (included in venue hire).
Cloak room facilities with an attendant and security guards for the duration of the event are inclusive of the venue hire fee.
Harry the Hirer are our preferred in-house audio visual supplier at Luminare. An audio visual technician will be required during your event to manage the in-house equipment. Technician charges are $85.00 per hour, with a minimum 4-hour booking. We encourage you to speak directly with an experienced member of Harry the Hirer productions regarding options for audio visual or lighting solutions to enhance your event.
The venue includes:
– Six round white marble champagne bar tables and bar stools
– Lounge furniture set with gold drum coffee tables
– City Balcony including outdoor furniture, decor and black market umbrellas
– Glass votives with tea light candles and lamps
Want picture perfect styling for your special event? Contact The Design Depot for their boutique styling options and event hire ranges.
The Big Group has four unique venues to choose from; Luminare, The Glasshouse, Ormond Collective and Myer Mural Hall. Each venue has Big Factor features unseen anywhere else. Luminare offers:
– Floor to ceiling glass windows in the Rooftop, connecting to a large outdoor deck
– Positioned on the edge of Melbourne’s CBD
– City views from the Rooftop
– Bay views from the Sky Deck
– Two large outdoor decks with outdoor furniture
– Sophisticated modern interior
There’s plenty of space for an indoor or outdoor dancefloor. We work with many dance floor suppliers and our Magic Makers are happy to arrange a quote for you.
Absolutely – big, small, fabulous or formal – we do all sorts of private events including birthdays, bat/bar mitzvahs, engagements, baptisms, christenings and more. Have a chat with a Magic Maker about your private event requirements.
It’s best to chat with one of our Magic Makers about the seasonal food and beverage packages available. Generally the following is on offer year-round:
– Plated or shared – starts at $190.00 per person
– Plated – Inclusive of three canapés on arrival, plated entrée, alternating main, a choice between one plated dessert or three mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package.
– Shared – Inclusive of two canapés on arrival, two shared entrée dishes, three shared main dishes, two side dishes, two mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package.
– 5 hour Cocktail Package* – $154.00 per person, fourteen items per person and 5 hour beverage package.
*2 hour, 3 hour and 4 hour cocktail packages available
Down an unsuspecting alleyway lies a hidden entrance, take the lift and ascend above the city and into the impressive skyline views of Luminare. You can find the alleyway on the corner of York St & Browns Lane, South Melbourne.
Onsite complimentary car parking may be arranged, and can be accessed via York Street from 6pm weekdays or anytime during the weekend.
Luminare is licensed till 1am although doors to the Sky Deck must close at 11pm.